Bristol URNU offer a wide and diverse range of training that is open to our students. More about each type of training can be viewed using the above menu, although this is by no means an exhaustive list. As an example of the wide range of training we can undertake, below is a list of just some of the things our students have done over the past 12 or so months:
- Meet and Greet/Cocktail Partys on board HMS DARING & HMS ILLUSTRIOUS.
- 2 weeks integrated with, and undertaking taskings as part of the Royal Navy Gibraltar Squadron.
- Air Experience Flights in a variety of aircraft.
- 2 week Flying Camp, held at RNAS Yeovilton, teaching the basic principles of airmanship and aircraft handling.
- Training at the Damage Repair Instructional Unit (DRIU) – The Royal Navy’s sinking ship simulator which allows training of various types of damage repair in a variety of situations.
- Training at the ‘Dunker’ – the Helicopter Underwater Escape Training Unit. This simulates a helicopter having to ditch into the sea in a variety of conditions, including upside down, in rough weather and in the dark.
- Deployments on board several P2000s to the Baltic, visiting numerous countries including Russia and Estonia.
- Training on board HMS BULWARK as part of the Olympic Security Operation in Weymouth & Portland (which HMS RAIDER was also part of).
- Training and playing the part of a civilian population on board RFA MOUNTS BAY as part of Bournemouth Air Festival including the Royal Marines’ Beach Assault.
- Visits to RM POOLE to see and experience the equipment of 1 Assault Group, Royal Marines (1AGRM).
- Field training and exercises including the use of blank ammunition and pyrotechnics with the University Air Squadrons and Royal Air Force Regiment.
- And much, much more!
As you can see, the list covers a wide range of exciting things that most students could only dream of! If you are interested in joining us, please do have a look at our recruitment pages.